Luke is here to say thanks to everyone who spread the word about and took part in yesterday’s Beer Paws fundraiser for Missouri Alliance for Animal Legislation.
10 bottle opener orders came through, from places near and far.
20 percent of the proceeds will go to the Alliance, to support efforts against puppy mills and other inhumane practices in Missouri.
You guys are awesome. Thanks so much!
And if you ordered Beer Paws, be sure to share a picture of your dog and bottle opener over at the Beer Paws Facebook page!
If you missed the flash sale, you can still give back through your purchase. As of today, ten percent of sales are back to supporting Midwest Adopt-a-Bull dog Tessa.
We’re over halfway through November already, and it’s high time I hop on the appreciation trend.
Here are 19 things I’m grateful for:
19. I have awesome friends who send me pictures like this:
18. Zach has been using his new Handpresso gadget lately to make espresso for me. Yum!
17. Because I know how to make it, I never have to buy laundry detergent again.
16. There are a whole bunch of monster squashes in my kitchen just waiting to be turned into something delicious for Thanksgiving.
15. My Meyer lemon tree has two ripe lemons on it!
14. My parents are both healthy and happy.
13. Luxor, the handsome yet feisty lynx point Siamese cat who used to live with me, has an awesome forever mama who adores him. (Even though he’s kinda mean to her.)
12. Former foster dog Minnie also has a wonderful adoring mama.
11. Current foster dog Charlie Machete went on a successful socialization vacation last week, during which he played with other dogs and interacted with lots of people. (More on that soon!)
10. Although I’m not rich, I have a roof over my head, and I never have to go to bed hungry.
9. The roof over my head does not show signs that it could fall in anytime soon.
8. Zach vastly improved our home by adding a giant deck off the back door.
7. I have a lot of nice neighbors.
6. I live right by a walking trail. Even though sometimes sketchy people prowl it, having a trail right there gives me no excuse not to exercise myself and the dogs.
5. I have a pretty cool job that involves blogging, social media and working with super nice, talented people every day.
4. These dogs love me.
3. My boyfriend loves me.
2. I have a really awesome, supportive family.
1. I have really awesome, supportive friends, including people I have known for years and some I have never met. You all – my old friends, my new friends and my blog friends, are my chosen family.
Thank you to everyone who played a part in this long list of good things!