A Love Note Valentine Giveaway
I love stories of people following their passions. That’s the story behind Love Note, a very tiny fashion line based in the Kansas City area. In this post, Love Note founder Jessica Thomas talks about how the brand supports her love of dogs and design.
How did you get involved in animal welfare?
I have been a dog lover my whole life. I am currently 26 years old, engaged to be married in September and a proud dog mom! I have been working with dogs at a pet resort for almost 5 years. I rescued my first dog of my own in May of 2009. In the last year or so I started fostering with a rescue group one of my co-workers runs.
How did Love Note begin?
Love Note began in September of 2011. I had been thinking about starting my own clothing line for a while but I wanted it to be something different than every other line you see out there. So then I had the thought, why not give a portion of proceeds to animal rescue? That way it combines my love for fashion with my love for animals!
I instantly started researching ways to make my dream a reality. Once I had designs made and shirts ordered I gathered up a group of amazing friends and held a photo shoot! It was a blast! The first line of shirts released in October 2011.
Who creates the designs for Love Note products?
I create all of the designs for Love Note myself. I usually ask my fiancé for his opinion on everything though! All of the marketing, designing, ordering, etc. are all done by me!
Love Note shirts are all printed on American Apparel, which makes them all super comfortable! A portion of proceeds from every item purchased goes directly to animal rescue, specifically Love Note’s partner rescue, Friends of Parkville Animal Shelter (FOPAS).
Who is the special dog in your life?
There are four special dogs in my life! My first dog I ever owned myself is Lyric, a longhaired Chihuahua who is almost 5-1/2 years old! I then rescued Solo, my almost 4-year-old Border Collie mix from FOPAS.
Chorus came into my life as a stray that was found on the side of the road. I’m not sure what breed he is but he definitely has some terrier in him. He’s about 5 years old. Last is my sweet little Aria, a 2-year-old Maltipoo. I also have a cat named Treble, who is 1, and thinks she is a dog. 🙂
For Valentine’s Day this year my fiancé and I may be having our engagement pictures done, so the dogs will get a full day outside at the lake (which is one of their favorite spots)!Want to win some Love Note gear?
Love Note is giving away a travel mug and sticker set to 1 lucky Wayward Dogs reader! See below for your chance to win!
How to enter the Love Note giveaway:
- PRIZE FOR YOU: One Love Note travel mug and sticker set
- TO ENTER: Go to the Love Note website and come back with a comment on this post about the product you like best. Start your comment with LOVE NOTE LOVE! Example: LOVE NOTE LOVE! I’d look great in that v-neck!
- BONUS ENTRY: LIKE Wayward Dogs on Facebook. All current fans are eligible for the point, but you have to claim it. Leave a separate comment (or include in your first comment) saying you are a Facebook fan. Be sure to include your screen name if it is different than the name you are commenting as.
- GIVEAWAY CLOSES: Saturday, January 19th 2013 at 10pm (CST Time)
- NUMBER OF WINNERS: One
- PRIZE VALID FOR: Citizens of the U.S.
- GIVEAWAY INFO: The winner will be selected using random.org and announced on Sunday, January 20th, 2013 as an update to this post. I will also email the winner on the 20th for information on how to redeem their prize. This giveaway is not sponsored by or affiliated with Facebook in any way.
This giveaway is now closed. The winner is Ashley Wright.Need more ideas for gifts that give back this Valentine’s Day? Check out Wayward Hearts, our Valentine’s gift guide for dogs and dog lovers.
Posted on January 16, 2013, in Contest, Dogs, Dogtography and tagged dog travel mug, doing it for the dogs, Friends of Parkville Animal Shelter, giveaway, Jessica Thomas, Kansas City, Love Note, paw print sticker, paw print t-shirt. Bookmark the permalink. 27 Comments.