Someone thinks this blog is hot stuff
Last week, the lovely I Love Schnauzers included Wayward Dogs in a list of “blogs on fire.” And so, I shall pass along the flame of appreciation.
The rules for the award are to share 8 unusual things about yourself and/or your pet and pass the award along to other bloggers.
8 Unusual Things About the Wayward House Residents
1. Crystal likes turtles. A lot. Sea turtles, which I have had the pleasure of seeing in the wild on family trips to Hawaii are my favorite. But I like land turtles, too. (Sometimes I pin turtle pictures on Pinterest.)
2. Crystal is the sole offspring of a fine looking, but no longer married, couple. (Yup, that’s me picking my nose at the approximate age of 3.)
3. Scooby the elderpin wakes Crystal up 1-3 times each night so that he may get out of bed for a drink of water, go outside or beg for food. This problem, unfortunately, seems to get worse as he ages.
4. Scooby has transferred his restlessness to Charlie Machete, who now posts up outside of the bedroom at Scooby’s regular wake-up intervals (4 a.m. and 5:30 a.m.) and whines.
5. Luke has recently decided that he REALLY likes the homemade dog beds Zach made for the pack a while back. The sudden surge of interest in the beds seems to have coincided with Zach’s decision to use RIT dye to turn the dingy-too-soon cream beds chocolate brown. The result was not quite chocolate but the precise purplish brown color of Luke’s nose.
6. Luke gets embarrassed when Scooby tries to snuggle with him.
7. Charlie Machete still hasn’t figured out how to jump over the fence. (Yay!)
8. Charlie Machete is just waiting for the appropriate time to get over the fence. He was upset to learn that a woman was assaulted yesterday on the Trolley Trail. The incident happened on an area of the trail that Charlie Machete cannot see from his perch on our new deck. As an adrenaline junkie and well-meaning guy, he would probably use his mad jumping skills to clear the fence if ever he witnessed a bad commotion happening across the street. At the very least, he’d sound a barky, snarly, whiny, un-ignorable alarm. Also: Pity the fool who would ever try to mess with Crystal when she’s out jogging with Charlie Machete.
These blogs are on FIRE!
What are your favorite blogs? I’m always looking for new reading material, so leave suggestions in the comments!
Posted on September 5, 2012, in Blogging, Dogs, Dogtography, Family and tagged blog awards, Blog on Fire Award, golden retriever, gratitude, miniature pinscher, sea turtles, Trolley Trail. Bookmark the permalink. 14 Comments.